Looking for a new idea for your company team-building event that everyone will enjoy? If you want to plan a fun activity that an entire group can participate in no matter their age, skill or fitness level, then think about axe throwing. Make yourself the office hero for all types of company events!
- Team Building –get out of the office and boost morale like never before.
- Corporate Parties – from holiday parties to milestone celebrations, axe throwing makes it an event to remember.
- Fundraising Events – get the gang out to throw for a good cause.
- Client Entertainment – want a coach to saber a bottle of champagne with an axe to impress? Consider it done!
PLANNING FOR A CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING EVENT
With locations across North America, we can host small and large group sizes ranging from 2 to over 200 people, and promise to help make your next company party one of your most memorable.
YOU’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING ACTIVITIES LIKE THIS BEFORE
If you’re the event organizer, everyone will think a visit to BATL (Backyard Axe Throwing League) is a great idea. Here are some reasons axe throwing is a top-notch team building choice:
- You’ll learn how to throw an axe! Do you really need another reason?
- It’s safe and everyone can participate, no matter their age or ability.
- Dedicated coaches and event planners make your event run smoothly.
- Your group gets their own hang out area.
- You’ll compete in ‘friendly’ tournaments (perfect for team building – and bragging rights).
- You can get trophies and merchandise to make it extra memorable.
- Of course, there are food and drink options too.
Operating since 2006 and catering to adults only, BATL has been covered by the national press and been featured as a top-rated corporate activity venue by both local media, and our guests. We’ve hosted companies ranging from major banks, law firms and software companies to local bars, car dealerships, and neighbourhood restaurants. We’ve even had celebrities partake in the fun!
WE MAKE CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING EVENT PLANNING EASY
We have you covered whether you’re planning a company party or arranging for a team-building event because we believe that throwing an epic axe throwing event should be fun AND simple. That’s why we’ll take care of everything from setting up and running tournaments to scoring for your group. After all, we want you to be able to relax and enjoy the party too! And if you need extra time to set up any party favours in your private axe throwing area before your event begins, just let us know in advance and we’ll accommodate wherever possible. Our event planners are happy to help organize your corporate team-building event with you. This isn’t their first rodeo. Or axe throwing event.
AXE THROWING TEAM BUILDING FORMAT
Corporate events at BATL last 1.5 hours and must be booked in advance. Events are led by our AMAZING coaches in a private axe throwing area.
Don’t worry if you’ve never thrown, or even handled an axe before! Our friendly and knowledgeable coaches will teach you everything you need to know about throwing an axe so you can start competing against your co-workers (or maybe your boss) in no time at all. Once you’ve sharpened your skills, we’ll kick off a round-robin tournament followed by a final knockout round to award an axe-throwing champion.
You won’t need to manage anything – we’ll take care of all scoring and smooth operation of the tournament. Each venue offers the best facilities for people of all abilities to compete and have fun. Our axe throwing ‘arenas’ are similar to a cross between a batting cage and bowling alley, with private space for groups of any size, and a music selection that makes every visit amazing. Corporate team building events or parties at the Backyard Axe Throwing League last roughly 1.5 hours and must be booked in advance.
DO YOU NEED SOME PRIZES OR GIVEAWAYS FOR YOUR CLIENTS OR COLLEAGUES?
We’ve got those too. You can make your event extra memorable with trophies, gift cards, and merchandise. Nothing says team building like matching t-shirts! And if you’re celebrating a special milestone, promotion, or other great news, you can go all out and have one of our expert coaches saber a bottle of champagne with an axe! It’s pretty cool to see and a champagne toast is the perfect way to celebrate something special.
FOOD & DRINK OPTIONS FOR YOUR CORPORATE AXE THROWING EVENT. (NOBODY LIKES A HANGRY COLLEAGUE.)
Our locations have licensed bars. We offer a selection of local beers, wine, and coolers so you can quench your thirst while you boost morale. We can also incorporate drink tickets to make things easier.
Most of our locations also offer food, including unique local offerings at some locations. We can create corporate food platters for all group sizes. Rather bring in your own food or outside catering? We’re totally okay with that. We offer fridges and plenty of counter space to make you comfortable while spending time with us. Learn more about our food and drink menus or contact us for further information.
SO MANY AWESOME LOCATIONS FOR COMPANIES TO THROW AN AXE AT
With 18 convenient locations to choose from across North America, BATL is sure to fit the bill for your business team building event or office party. No matter which location you choose, there are axes waiting to be thrown and good times to be had by all.
- Charlotte LoSo
- Charlotte Plaza
- Niagara Falls
- Toronto Port Lands
- Toronto Stockyards
CAN’T MAKE IT TO US? BATL ROAMING COMES TO YOU
Don’t worry, we clean up nice. Plus, we’re fully insured and available for full or half-day bookings. We’ll bring coaches and everything you need to make your corporate party, team-building event, fundraiser, or whatever you’re throwing even cooler.
IT ALL STARTS BY BOOKING YOUR TEAM BUILDING EVENT AT BATL
Take team building to the next level. Book an axe throwing party today and get ready to throw an amazing party that everyone will enjoy! We can accommodate groups of all sizes, and our awesome staff will make sure that you, your co-workers, and anyone else who joins the party has a fantastic time.
AXE THROWING 101
Before you head off to your epic axe throwing a corporate event, check out these tips from our resident axe gurus. Get your axe throwing game on and you’ll have an edge on the competition (we won’t tell your boss!).
BASICS / YOUR AXE THROWING STANCE
It’s always good to start with the basics. These tips will help you get ready to throw your axe:
- It’s important to stand with your non-dominant foot forward, in order to create balance with your dominant leg.
- When you’re throwing, it’s important to remember two things: lean in, and follow through.
- Keep your arms straight and your eyes level with the target on the board. This will keep you focused, and help you with aiming.
HOW TO AIM YOUR AXE
Now that you’ve got your stance, the next step is to aim your axe. These are some things to keep in mind:
- Keep your eyes on the target – look directly at where you want the axe to go, and throw!
- Aiming is all muscle memory, so try to replicate your motions every time you have a successful throw.
Two-Handed Throwing Technique: This is the standard technique that we’ve been teaching our guests for the last 14 years. Keep these things in mind when throwing with two hands:
- Place your dominant hand at the bottom of the axe.
- Wrap your other hand around your dominant hand.
- Keep your thumbs off the back of your axe.
- Bring the axe all the way back.
- Lean in all the way forward while releasing your axe.
One-Handed Throwing Technique: We always recommend starting with two hands, but there is a certain allure to the one-handed throw. Keep these things in mind when throwing with one hand:
- Keep your thumb off the back of the axe.
- Keep your elbow in.
- Don’t bring your arm across your body when releasing (like a baseball pitcher).
- Less is more. You don’t have to throw your hardest.
If you keep these things in mind, you’ll be hitting bullseyes in no time. Now that you have a grasp of the basics of axe throwing, you just need to figure out what date works best to throw your bachelor party at Backyard Axe Throwing League.
THE BIG AXE
One more thing – the big axe. It’s one of the most exciting parts of axe throwing, but can also be one of the most daunting. But really, it’s just like throwing a hatchet. So if you’re stepping up to throw the big axe, here are some tips to help you master it:
- Always use both hands on the axe, stacked on the handle like you’re holding a baseball bat with your dominant hand on top.
- The big axe takes longer to rotate – you’ll need to stand back five feet from the hatchet throwing line.
- It’s important to bring the axe all the way back, to generate more power due to the weight.
- Aim high!
Adjusting Your Throw: There’s always a learning curve when learning a new skill. It’s helpful to identify issues and correct your throw as you learn. These are some possible adjustments you can make:
- Stand further or closer to adjust axe rotation issues.
- Move your stance from left to right to compensate for accuracy.
- Adjusting your power levels to improve your control.
BATL offers many ways to get involved with axe throwing, suited to any and every occasion, including company and client parties, and team-building events.