The 2023 League Calendar Is here
Print, or save, the BATL 2023 League Calendar and find the one that's right for you.
FOR THE GLORY!
They say: "Competition is the forge that hardens you". If you remember that feeling the first time your axe hit the bullseye, join a league and skill up to glory.
Leagues are the crucible where champions are made, and the 'art of the throw' is perfected. What better way than to challenge yourself and make new friends.
Plus each competition is tracked by the IATC - International Axe Throwing Championships - letting you compete on a global stage.
BATL is a proud member of the International Axe Throwing Federation
The International Axe Throwing Federation (IATF) represents the sport of axe throwing on behalf of over 6,000 league members in over 100 cities and 6 countries, with a mandate to promote safety, sports-like conduct, and competitive protocol.
What Is The IATC?
The International Axe Throwing Championship (IATC) is a yearly tournament where pro's and champions from around the world come to compete for the "Wilson Cup" , the ultimate 'Axe Throwing Trophy'. Plus tens of thousands in cash.
Formatted for fun. And competition!
Most BATL Leagues (excluding beer or recreational leagues) generate points that put your on the road to the IATC, letting you build your skills and rank-up to compete with the best of the best in axe throwing!
- 7 Week Seasons.
- Runs all year long.
- $17 per person, per week.
- Look for a condensed 'Marathon League' near you.
Flexible League Nights
Sundays: 5pm – 8pm
Monday – Wednesday: 7pm – 10pm
We keep Leagues flexible for your schedule
Regular season matches can be rescheduled if absent. The 7th week is playoffs, with the top 16 competitors facing off to crown a season champion.
Go out on top.
Our 7-week League seasons are $125 +tax. Throw in 2 or more nights and take advantage of a 40% off additional seasons.
We’re adding some perks to your paid League membership including discounts on apparel, events, and running drink specials during League. Some major changes to take note of:
League Lane Rentals:
- $60 flat rate per hour
- Half arena
- 1 to 10 league members on a single rental
NEW! FREE Throwing Time:
- For each paid league season, members receive 2 hours of walk-in throwing for FREE.
BATL Referral Program - 40% off:
- Bring in a new league member - and get 40% off your season fee. The referred (new) league member also receives 20% off when signing up for their first BATL League season.
- Only applicable if they have not thrown with BATL before
- Other axe clubs or IATF clubs qualify
- 15% off all apparel purchases (clothing: hats, shirts, hoodies etc.)
- Not applicable on non-apparel purchases (gift cards and axes etc.)
Discounted Event Prices:
- League members receive 20% off the regular event price
- Your whole group receives the discounted price
- Drink specials run during league at all venues, check your local venue for details or ask your League Runner!
- Venues will host an open practice nights (varies by venue)
- $35 for the night of practice (practice nights run 6pm-10pm)
- Only have an hour? If you arrive within the last hour of the event, you can pay the discounted price of $22.
Practice Before & After League:
- Practice begins an hour before league start time
- All leagues that wrap up earlier than 10pm are encouraged to stay for practice for about an hour, on late or busy nights practice might be about 30 minutes.
- Includes rotating challenges, skill practice or big axe
- All League Members who have won a season's playoffs have their names memorialized on their venue “Champs Wall”.
Secure Your Spot:
- League members always receive the first pick of league nights re sign-up for seasons
The BATL Oath
New Oath for league play is launched! We hope you love it!
League players gave us feedback that it would be good to update the Oath (which was launched in 2006). We agreed – it needed to be more gender inclusive. So we are pumped to say that we listened to your feedback and the revised Oath is here and ready for leagues! This revised Oath will be used across BATL for all leagues going forward.
You will still recognize the original Oath energy and phrasing but we think it is an improved version being gender neutral and better reflecting the focus on community, people, and competition.
To learn more about the Oath and its history click here
Remember times of old,
And legends that were told,
Of family gathered ‘round,
As Champions were crowned
We honour them this day,
And pray our axe to stay.
What a great night we had. Elliot our coach was awesome, informative, great coaching and great fun. Our whole party all had the best time, and would love to do it againDonBhoy
Stopped by the open session to throw. Picked up the throws pretty easy thanks to coach Jeremy. My son and I had a great time. He showed us some games to play and explained everything clearly. For a first time the hour we spent was sufficient. Will come back.senordewittski
Walked in at the last minute, Jen and Chantal told us walk in time had passed, but that they were gonna squeeze us in so we could try axe throwing for the first time! Thanks for the hospitality and the great service!Pbertin1
Excellent, helpful, and professional staff assisted our large group and helped make our night that much more fun. our group is booking another event soon and can’t wait to go again!Freddy Durfel
Review from TripAdvisor
Review from Yelp
Review from TripAdvisor
Review from Facebook